There has been a lot of Italian dinners at our house in the past few weeks. I feel like my son may grow up thinking that pasta should be expected for dinner every night. This week I wanted to change it up a little and instead of traditional spaghetti and meatballs, we had meatball sub sandwiches. They were so good! What was great about this dinner was I made a full batch of meatballs, half went to make our sandwiches for dinner tonight. The other half went into the freezer for our next spaghetti night. Less work for dinner next week. Remember when I told you a few weeks ago that I love to try new sauces? Every week I pick a different brand and flavor. This week I picked up a delicious Bertolli® Asiago Cheese & Artichokes.
I need a new kitchen tool like I need another pair of shoes. So you can imagine the look on The Mister’s face when I walked in the door with a big grin on my face and a new cast iron skillet in my hand. He humors me these days, he always says, ” we don’t have room for more kitchen things, you have to get rid of 1 gadget.” I picked an avacado slicer (it never worked anyway), not sure that the storage needed was an equal swap.
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients and are ready to mix them together make sure that you don’t squish the mixtures in your hands. You want to mix it together gently.
After I have everything mixed together well, I like to roll it out on my cutting board and slice it into consistent pieces. This helps make all of your meatballs the same size. When you are finished slicing, roll each piece into a ball and place on top of a foil lined baking sheet/dish. Spray your foil with cooking spray for easy removal and clean up.
After you have baked them for the recommended time, remove them and place inside your beautiful cast iron skillet. You are going to add the delicious Bertolli® Asiago Cheese & Artichokes sauce and bake for 10 minutes. Careful when you remove the skillet, top with mozzarella chesse and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove and serve!
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 egg yoks
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c grated parmesean cheese
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef 80/20
- 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 c mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar of Bertolli® Asiago Cheese & Artichokes sauce
- Mix all ingredients except for mozzarella cheese and sauce.
- Roll out on cutting board and cut into even slices.
- Roll each slice into a firm ball and place on a foil lined (sprayed with cooking spray) baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in cast iron skillet with jar of sauce.
- Bake for 10 additional minutes.
- Remove and add mozzarella cheese, bake for additional 10 minutes