This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOitForward #CollectiveBias
The mornings are cooler, pumpkin flavor has successfully take over and kids are picking a new costume every day. Yep, it’s offically October and Halloween is just a few weeks away. We wanted to make our October more about treats than tricks. There are only a few households on our street with littles, and we thought it would be fun to make them a BOO Package!
Our local Wal-mart was hosting an in-store demo to show just what we needed to make the perfect BOO Package. We stocked up on lots of treats and a few small suprises too. I wanted to make a delicious Candy Bar Cookie Bar to include as well so I made sure to grab two bags of my favorite chocolate minis of M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, 3 MUSKETEERS®. Better to have too many than not enough. You know I’m going to enjoy snacking on a handful while assemblying these
precious BOO-tiful packages.
Make sure your print out this sweet coupon, to Save $2.00 on on ONE (1) 6pk 8oz Cans or TWO (2) 2L and 2 bags of Mars® Candy before you head to the store and stock up!
Since these are treat packages I decided to include a few of these adorable sodas in their special Halloween cans as well. Those small surprises I mentioned earlier, I raided the party favors bin and made sure that a few glow sticks made it in there too. Everyone loves glow sticks. You can package your BOO package in a cute plastic pumpkin that can be reused for trick or treating, or a fun gift bag. No package is complete without this #BOOitForward tag. You can print your own #BOOitForward tags too, it’s easy. Print your sign and then follow these instructions.
- Cut out this “We’ve been BOO’d sign.
- Fold the “You’ve been BOO’d” greeting card (page 2) and tape openings together.
- Include the card and sign when gifting BOO bundles.
I wanted to include a homemade treat in our BOO packages as well. With all that yummy candy on hand I knew just what to make. It’s perfect for after the holiday too for all of those left overs.
- 1 c unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c assorted Chocolate Mix Fun Size Halloween candy, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, make sure it hangs over the sides.
- Spray the paper with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk until combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt just until incorporated.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the assorted Chocolate Mix Fun Size Halloween candy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing the top, then add the remaining 1/2 cup of candy over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Let the pan cool completely then lift parcement paper and remove blondies from pan. Cut and serve!