Time to dig through your closet and find your green. St. Patrick’s Day is on the horizon and you don’t want to be the only one getting pinched all day. I’m not a big fan of green clothes, in case you missed it, I’m pretty fair skinned and have strawberry blonde hair. Throw in a green shirt and I might as well look like a leprechaun. Don’t think for a second this stopped me from buying my little leprechaun the cutest St. Patty’s outfit, lots of green. We’ll be a pair, I promise there will be pictures. I’ve been filling my Pinterest board full of adorable ideas.
Back on track, St. Patrick’s Day, green clothes, green food and leprechauns. Time to get in the kitchen and make some St. Patrick’s Day treats, also known as Leprechaun Bait. We put a fun spin on a traditional recipe to make it a little more festive and green of course.
- 9 c. Rice Squares cereal
- 1.5 c. Chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1.5 c. Powdered sugar
- 1 c. mint M&Ms
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl, heat in 30 second incriments until no lumps present.
- After completely melted, add in vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour melted mixture over mixing bowl containing cereal. mix until all cereal coated.
- Place powdered sugar in large gallon food storage bag.
- Add coated cereal to bag of powdered sugar.
- Shake until all cereal coated in sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet to cool.
- Once cooled add M&Ms to mix and package.
Love that adorable Irish Blessing in our pictures? It’s available as a free printable!