Remember a few weeks ago when I shared that delicious homemade restaurant style pizza dough? Well this is the next piece of the puzzle, a delicious Nut Free Pesto to top that dough with. But pizza isn’t the only thing you can use this delicious pesto for, it would also be perfect for a grilled cheese sandwich or your favorite pasta dish.
Getting start is easy and in just a few minutes you are going to have an amazing pesto sauce.
Remove the woody part of the stems on the basil and parsley.
Add all ingredients into a blender.
Cover the blender and set on low (or blend) option. Blend until smooth.
Use immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- 1 large bunch of basil (any type)
- 1 large bunch of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- Remove the woody part of the stems on the basil and parsley.
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Cover the blender and set on low (or blend) option. Blend until smooth.
- Start with ½ cup olive oil, you may need a little more. I like my pesto thin for pizza, but thicker for a dip. So if really is personal preference and what you may be using it for.
- Use immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.