This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Conagra Brands.
Over the past 6 weeks we’ve made a few changes at our house. Some where in the middle Of vacation, yes you read that right, while on vacation the Mister and I decided to make a change to when we eat. I know that sounds odd and you’re probably thing, doesn’t she mean what they eat, nope when. We’ve been reading and discussing intermittent fasting for some time now and finally decide to take a leap and give it a try. We figured out the window that worked best for our family dynamic and got on board.
Now the interesting thing about intermittent fasting is that it still promotes eating whatever you’d like as long as it’s during your eating window. Well we’re always striving to make the health conscious choices anyway but now I felt like it was even more important.
Vacation was a huge success and we had fun with it. We still indulged from time to time but got the hang of the eating window and the fasting window. Since coming home and getting back into our day to day routine and of course adding in ALL the activities since school has started I’ve had to be a bit more thoughtful. On my windows. Here are 5 things that have really helped me be successful on my journey of intermittent fasting.
- Have a buddy! Honestly the other adult in your house is ideal. Whether it’s a roommate, significant other or adult child living at home. The people you typically consume your meals with can either make or break this for you. If you’ve got hard core discipline you’ll be good to walk away when everyone sits down to eat an hour into your fasting window. But if you’re like me, that’s a struggle and a stumbling block. Since the Mister and I are in this together it helps us be accountable and ENCOURAGING to each other!
2. Water! Drink all the water, make sure you are getting the minimal recommendation of water daily or more. I know for myself having a ice cold tumbler of water with me all the Time helps me curbs desires to eat when it isn’t time. You can still consume drinks like black Coffee or green tea with no additives during your fast time but water is my go to.
3. Have a Plan B for meals. I always have the best of intentions for cooking dinner but sometimes we get home from activities and I have 30 minutes left in my eating window and it isn’t enough time to prep and cook that delicious healthy meal from scratch like I’d planned. So I have a back up plan that still provides we the desired healthier choice of foods and keeps me in my window. Bird’s Eye Oven Roaster Veggies (cauliflower/broccoli) is a good to. Open freezer, grab bag, empty into sheet pan and in the oven they go. I pair these veggies with a Healthy Choice Vegan and Vegetarian Power Bowls Falafel & Tahini– packed with protein (did I mention it’s Vegan for all my peeps with dietary preferences) and I’m set to end my eating window on the best foot possible. Did I mention this cheat doesn’t break the bank!?
4. Exercise. I personal workout first thing in the morning. I know everyone has their preference but this is mine. When I’m done all I want is to drink tons of water- eating is off in the distance. This helps me pass the time from when I get up at 4am until I break my fast at 10am.
5. Don’t stress results. The first few weeks I felt like I was going to magically loose a bunch of weight and was constantly weighing myself. This isn’t going to happen! I’ll tell you right now. I haven’t lost a single pound in the 6 weeks since we started. I also haven’t gained any. I’m sleeping better, have a improved level Of energy. And can fit into my shorts better for the first time since before baby 2.5 years ago. So overall it’s a win. Don’t stress the number on the scale.
Overall I love our new lease of eating and how it fits into our lifestyle, if your considering changing your routine take note of these great hints and enjoy!