We recently visited the local zoo. Austin has a great zoo that is perfect for little kids, it’s small and it’s actually an animal refuge. It’s the perfect way to spend a morning and not a ton of money. We saw lions, tigers, bear and lots of monkeys. Since our zoo trip JDub has been obsessed with all of our animal books. The Jungle Book is one of his favorites. I remember watching the animated version as a kid and I loved the singing scene with Baloo when he tells Moglie about the bear necessities of life. I’m excited about the release of the new Jungle Book movie, but I think it may be a little much for the little man right now. We will have a jungle book date with the animated version for him now. The get us in the mood for some singing I made up some Banana Monkey Bread Muffins. Everyone is going to love these!
Super easy and the kids will love helping you make them, and then eating them all!
- 1 can of flaky biscuits
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 C.) melted butter
- 1 small package of banana cream pudding
- 3 Tbs, heavy cream
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C. melted butter
- Cut biscuits in to 8 pieces each.
- Slice bananas into 1/4' slices and set aside
- Mix the belted butter and banana pudding mix together to form a custard like mix.
- In a second bowl mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Gease your jumbo muffin pan and set aside.
- Soak each biscuit piece in the custard like mix and coat with sugar mixture.
- Places 4 biscuit pieces per muffin well.
- Add a layer of banana slices and mini chocolate chips to each well.
- Top with another layer of (4) coated biscuit pieces.
- Add mini chips to top and bake in preheated over of 375 for 12 minutes.
- Mix together heavy cream, confectioner's sugar, vanilla and melted butter. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before drizzling the frosting over the top of each.
For more great Jungle Book crafts and recipes, check out the list below! There are 8 fun Jungle Book ideas from some of my favorite Blockbuster Bloggers!
Tiger’s Blood Sorbet from Around My Family Table
Jungle Pineapple Boat (Mixed Fruit Pineapple Boats) from Big Bear’s Wife
Isomalt Lotus – Man’s Fiery Red Flower from Ashlee Marie
Jungle Cooler from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Jungle Book Free Printable from Celebrating Family
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Bites from Home.Made.Interest.
Banana Monkey Bread Muffins from Life Anchored
Baloo Berry Coconut Popsicles from Liz on Call
Tropical Safari Sundaes from For the Love of Food