This post is sponsored by Megaphone Influence for Riceland. All opinions and recipes are my own, so enjoy!
Meal planning is something I have worked hard to get better at. Each weekend, I spend a few
minutes hours on Pinterest looking for ideas for that weeks dinners. I like our dinners to be easy, healthy and tasty. Occasionally I like to make dessert as well. This week was a bonus, I was able to make a delicious dinner and dessert too. While I was at HEB, my FAVE local Texas grocery store I came across Riceland Boil in Bag Rice. We eat a lot of rice, I mean several times a week for dinner. This is a game changer for me and I grabbed a few boxes to try this week. They have both white and brown rice, so all my bases are covered.
This week I made a delicious dinner of brown rice and with marinated chicken and steamed veggies on top. It was so good. I had left over brown rice and decided this was the perfect night for rice pudding. Since I had brown rice, chocolate rice pudding it is.
This dessert is super easy and your entire family is going to love it.
First thing you need to do is stock up on these easy to use Riceland Boil in Bag Rice.
Follow the easy directions and boil your rice on the stove top. Seriously the easiest way I’ve ever made rice! Gather the rest of your ingredients and follow the recipe below.
- 2/3 c. brown rice
- 3 c. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. coconut palm sugar (easy to find in the bulk bins)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- Cook rice and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate pot, bring coconut milk, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon to a simmer.
- Add cooked rice and stir together.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes, until pudding has thickened, stirring every so often. Stir as needed to keep from scolding.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chocolate.
- Can be served warm or cold.
- Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- If you find that your pudding is not as thick as you would like, refrigerating it will help it to thicken.