Easy Restaurant Style Pizza Dough
One of my goals for this year was to cook at home more. We already eat most dinners at home, but I wanted to do more than just cook more, I wanted to change it up and make some new things. We are a pizza loving family, before JDub came along we had weekly pizza date nights. After he got here they just turned into family date nights!
We’ve reached a special stage in toddlerhood, they one where I can think of about 100 things I would rather do (including digging holes in the middle of Summer) than take my toddler to a nice restaurant. So we are bring pizza night home!
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 envelope quick rise yeast
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- In a 2 quart microwave safe dish , combine water, milk, butter and salt. Heat on high for about 30 seconds. Reheat again until temperature reaches 110 degrees.
- If you do not have a thermometer to check the temperature, it is better to be warm than hot. Test the temperature on your wrist. You shouldn’t be able to really feel any heat. If it is too hot it will kill the yeast.
- Once desired temperature is reached, stir in the sugar and yeast packet. Stir until dissolved and mixture is foamy.
- Add the flour to a separate bowl, stir in half of the milk mixture.
- Stir in the remaining milk mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Tip* using a stand mixer is so much easier!
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until all air bubbles are removed.
- If dough is sticky you can add more flour. Once all air bubbles are removed and dough is smooth, shape it into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Use or refrigerate.
- * Dough needs to rest at least 10 minutes before using, preheat the oven when you are ready.