This post is sponsored by Hiland Dairy but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Glazed Pumpkin Spice Cream Puffs
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Mainly because I love food so much, but also because its a time to gather with friends and family and there isn’t the distractions of other holidays, like costumes, decorating and gifts. Now don’t get me wrong I enjoy all those things too, but what I love to do is cook and even more so bake! This week I am trying out a new recipe that I think will be a fit at any Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving celebration, Pumpkin Spice Cream Puffs.
In the age of Pinterest there is so much pressure to be the DIY guru on every holiday, birthday party and home project. That’s great, I for sure have areas that I go all crazy full on DIY with. Sometimes I like to be a DIFM instead though, a Do It For Myself, I like to find ways to make life easier but still have that touch of handmade. Which are you a DIY or a DIFM?
If you’re a DIY kinda gal you are gonna want to bake these delicious cream puff shells from scratch, you’ll find tons of amazing recipes for those online. If you’re like me and more of a DIFM, you are going to want to pick up those shells ready to be filled and I have just the filling you want for the perfect Thanksgiving celebration. So I’m jumping on the pumpkin spice band wagon and trust me you are going to thank me when you taste these delicious pumpkin spice cream puffs.
- Pumpkin Spice Filling-
- 1 cream cheese. room temp
- 8 Tbsp butter (1 stick), room temp
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz cool whip, thawed
- Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Crushed Pecans for topping
- Prepare your pumpkin spice filling. On medium speed, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add inbutter, powdered sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and mix. Add in cool whip, on low speed until cream is smooth.
- Add filling to prepared cream puffs.
- Prepare the glaze. Place powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice in mixer on low and pour small amounts of milk in slowly until you reach your prefered consistency of glaze.
- Spoon glaze on top of each assembled cream puffs and top with crushed pecans.