Who’s ready to win the best dessert ribbon at the next cook out? Well, even if you don’t win the ribbon you’ll thank me for introducing you to your new favorite dessert. When the Mister and I were dating he told me he loved Banana pudding. I thought it would be a great dessert to make and searched for a recipe. I gathered my ingredients and got to cooking. Sad to say my banana pudding flopped, and I cried. I couldn’t even make banana pudding! Within days the most amazing recipe was given to me and it has been my top secret banana pudding until now.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it doesn’t use the traditional Nilla Wafer cookies. I love those cookies but this is what makes a big difference in the taste!
What’s not to love about any dish that has these yummy ingredients in it.
First mix your instant pudding and milk together and set aside.
In another bowl mix together the condense milk and cream cheese until smooth, fold in whipped cream.
Combine the contents of the 2 bowls together and mix well.
Slice roughly 5 medium bananas into 1.2 inch pieces. You want them to be thick enough that you can see then in the layering of the dessert.
Layer the pudding mixture, cookies and bananas. I like to make mine the day before I need to serve it and allow the cookies to soften a little. If you need to serve within a few hours, dip your cookies in milk as you layer them. This will help you get the same effect and deliciousness of softened cookies.
On the top of dessert sprinkle crumbed cookie. Serve in a layered bowl or trifle, even better in mason jars for individual servings!
Do you have a award worth dessert?
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 1 box Vanilla Instant Pudding (5.1 oz)
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz)
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- 2 packages of Chessman Cookies
- 2 c. cold milk
- Milk pudding and milk together and set aside.
- Mix Condensed milk and softened cream cheese together until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip
- Mix contents of 2 bowls together.
- Slice bananas into 1/2 inch pieces
- Layer cookies, pudding mixture and bananas in dish
- Sprinkle crushed cookies over the top of finished dessert.