This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
Winter weekends were made for cozy blankets, family time, football and slow cooker meals. Pretty much 4 of my all time favorite things. I love when we head to visit family for the weekend and get to indulge in a day full of football. As much as I love to cook, when the game is on, I’d rather not be distracted. This is where my favorite slow cooker comes in, I have one of those fancy kind that you can program and then walk away from. It’ll let you know when it’s finished with a simple beep and then change to keep warm mode till your ready to serve.
Slow cooker meals are great for days that I just don’t have enough hours in the day, or have something that keeps me from being in the kitchen, like a football game. I have a few go to recipes that my family loves and are happy to eat any time. One of my personal favorites is Chicken Taco Soup. It’s a southwest flavor and so perfect for a cold Winter day!
The best thing about this recipe is how simple it is! A few cans, chicken breast, seasoning and fresh cilantro is all you need. I even have a fancy cooking hack for you to use!
Start by placing your chicken breast and broth in the slow cooker, turn heat to high and allow to cook for 2 hours.
After the chicken is cooked, remove from slow cooker and place in mixing bowl. Turn mixer on low for 30 seconds or until chicken is shredded.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro. Sides include fresh corn bread and corn chips. To make this meal as simple as possible I picked up the corn bread from the fresh bread area at Wal-mart when I did all my shopping.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can RO*TEL, undrained
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet Taco seasoning
- 1 can corn, drained
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Corn chips
- Fresh cilantro
- Place uncooked boneless chicken breasts in slow cooker with broth. Cook on High for 2 hours until cooked all the way through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place in mixer bowl.
- Mix on low for 30 seconds or until chicken is shredded.
- Return to slow cooker and add beans, RO*TEL, corn, ranch mix, taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve with corn chips, corn bread, cheese and a dollop of sour cream and cilantro.