This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
As Valentine’s Day approaches many of us are making reservations for a romanic dinner or a night out with our sweeties. I decided that this year I was going to take care a few fo my single girlfriends. I didn’t want them to feel left out and so we are celebrating Gal-entines Day too!
Every girl loves chocolates and a nice card (guys, we really do). Only thing that can make that a better suprise is to add a little bit of something handmade to the mix. Delicious sugar cookies are the perfect addition to our Gal-entine’s Day gift. We topped them with tasty M&M’s® Strawberry that are hitting shelves in Wal-mart just in time for Valentine’s Day. A nice big red heart of chocolates from DOVE® and a thoughtful Valentine’s Day card from American Greetings® and we are ready to celebrate.
Best Sugar Cookie EVER!
- 2/3 c. salted butter
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs. Milk
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- Cream butter on high until smooth.
- Add granulated sugar, baking powder and salt into creamed butter.
- In a seperate bowl, beat egg, vanilla and milk together.
- Add wet ingredients to sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Slowly add flour into mix until completely blended.
- Cover dough and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour surface and roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut shapes and lay on greesed cookie sheet.
- Place in a preheated oven of 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
All mixed up and ready to be refridgerated.
After chilling for at least 30 minutes, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out your cookies.
Our cookies are of course hearts for Valentine’s Day.
After baking for 7-8 minutes the cookies are ready to come out of the oven and moved to a cooling rack. We whipped up a simple frosting and are ready to decorate. We used the M&M’s® Strawberry to make our heart shared cookies look like larger than life conversation hearts.
Do you love a traditional box of chocolates or are you a homemade baked goods girl (or both)?