Family dinners are a something we try and do several times a week at our house. I love pasta (who doesn’t?) but I want to keep it as healthy as possible too. One of my favorite and easy dinners to cook is a vegetable packed meatless lasagna. I feel like all pasta dishes can be judged off of the sauce you use so that part is super important to me, only the best. I love to chose one of these amazing six choices from Mezzetta.
The great thing about meatless lasagna is you can choose whichever vegetables you like best to include. I love to mix up squash, zucchini, onions and mushrooms. Other great additions would be broccoli or kidney beans. So additional seasoning is needed since my sauce is packed full of all the flavoring your are going to need.
I like to slice all of my veggies into chunks and mix them together, so that the flavors start to blend together.
[tweetthis]Busy Mom? You need this! –> https://ooh.li/78a0c63 (ad)[/tweetthis]
Next you are going to want to place a layer of delicious Mezzetta Marinara sauce on the bottom of your pan, next a layer of oven ready lasagna noodles. Top your noodles with a light layer of ricotta cheese and then pack on the veggies. Repeat each layer until your dish is full.
Since my main dish is packed with veggies I don’t serve a vegetable on the side with this dish. I do like to make a simple garlic bread to round in out. Nice big slices of french bread, topped with pads of butter and a light sprinkling of garlic salt. Toasted under the broiler until lightly browned on the edges.
- 1 squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 c. chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 jar of Mezzetta pasta sauce (flavor of choice)
- 1 box of oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 small container of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Pour sauce into the bottom of dish to cover completely, layer with lasagna noodles and ricotta cheese.
- place layer of chopped vegetables and repeat with sauce, noodle and cheese layers. top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake as per directions on oven ready noodles.
- Preheat to 325 and bake for 1 hour.